Monday, April 30, 2012

Men are NOT mind readers

Austin and I have those days every once in a while where nothing seems to be going right. We all have them! But there are just those times where I get so upset, and don't voice why! He gets so confused because all of a sudden, I've closed off into my own little shell, and don't want to talk. He wonders what he did wrong when I'm actually upset that I burned the bread. Men are not mind readers. As women, we are very sensitive to the way others feel around us, and we aren't used to knowing something aside from an instinctively nurturing nature. Men aren't that. When we shy away from the advances to fix what's wrong, they view that as "I've done something to upset her, now the only problem is WHAT did I do?" Thus leading to our men beinge utterly confused. Now they have a problem to solve, and no way to solve it. They're going into all of this blind. Now, how do we help them? First off, we have to realize that our guys are problem solvers. I know you've probably heard that a million times, but lets just say it again: out men are problem solvers. They want to help us!!! They love us, and want to make us feel happy and special! Do you think they want us to be giving them the silent treatment? By the way, the answer to my rhetorical question was NO. Next, I'm going to ask you to do something hard: Say sorry. "I'm sorry" has the potential to be the hardest thing you will ever say in the history of life and marriage, but it could br the thing to save your marriage and friendships, so start learning to say Tell him what has you so upset! He is there to help you and love you. Hr wants to support you, and make you happy, but if you're going to force him to read your mind, neither of you will accomplish anything. You can save yourself from SO many fights if you engrave those words into your mind this very instant. If I could tattoo that on the eyelids of every woman alive, I would do it this very moment, and pay my own m Go read this book. Do it now. http://www.amazon.com/Reader-Brilliant-Insights-Fabulous-Marriage/dp/0784725624/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335816098&sr=8-1-fkmr1

No comments:

Post a Comment